03-11-2011 until 04-11-2021
Some people say they are unsure of the forum rules. If you are one of those please read below. I recommend all members to check the rules once in a while as they will be updated as new needs arise.
* Be polite against other members and treat them well. The golden rule applies on this forum.
* Donīt use foul, obscene or adult language in the forum.
* Donīt double post.
* Donīt argue or be rude to Mods in PMS. What the Mod says goes.
* Donīt spam ! All promotions from new members are considered spam.
* Donīt promote products and websites. You are allowed to recommend a certain product and say why you like it and response to a thread. You are also allowed to post about a product you purchased and that you found to work well. Members that made a few posts can post links to websites they like etc.
* You are not allowed to promote your own website other than in your signature. You may add your link without promoting or directing to the site. Note that this only allowed for senior members--this is not permitted for new members.
* You are never allowed to promote affiliate programs or similar for your (or family members/friends) benefit. Affiliate links can not be posted.
* Post in the right forum. Check the forums and make sure you post in the right one.
* You are not allowed to create new AC service/features. If you have an idea that you would think would benefit AC send it to admin (William) and let him decide whether to add it to the site.
* Add a warning to your post if you link to pages with content not suitable for younger viewers such as strong language.
* Never post or link to adult material, warez or other sites containing illegal downloads, hate pages or to material that can otherwise be frowned upon.
* Never post personal financial information in the forum.
* Dont argue with the staff in public. If you have a problem with an action taken by a mod you should. 1. PM that Mod if the situation can be corrected or 2. PM another Mod or Admin about it.
* Use common sense when being active on the forum.
* Do not cause drama!
* Respect other peoples way of doing things. This is fish keeping and there is always more than one "right" way to do things. Do not argue and try to make it seem like yours is the only "Right" way. Acknowledge that other methods that have been posted works as well when you post your way. If you think someone give erroneous advice, say so politely and then say why.
* Signatures: Font size no more than 2, max lines of 6 without image or if using an image, 3 lines max and image of no more than 460x60. Spacer lines also count as a signature line and included in your 6 line limit.
* It is not allowed to post anything related to sex, sexual activities and nudity. (breeding fish, geckos etc is of course an exception)
* It is not allowed to post anything related to criminal activities. ( you are allowed to talk about crimes that happened such as that you been robbed, about a crime in the news, crime statistic etc)
* It is not allowed to post hate based content.
* It is not allowed to post about committing suicide. The members on AC are not competent to help individuals who are contemplating suicide. Individuals who feel suicidal and would like to talk about their feelings are recommended to get professional help or visit a forum specialized in helping suicidal people such as http://www.suicideforum.com/
* It is not allowed to post information that can help facilitate illegal file sharing and downloading.
* NO political, religious, ethnic or sex gender posting. Your personal opinions on these matters are of no concern in this forum.
* It is not allowed to post drug related information or propaganda.
* Ask permission from the staff before starting forum games.
* You are not allowed to take part in or promote rep exchanges / rep schemes designed to increase rep. Rep should only be given when you see a post you think are especially good for one reason or another.
* Copyright! Articles from within the net are not to be taken and claimed to be written by you. Give the true author the credit for that writing or simply post a link directing us to where the article is written.
* QUOTING. It is OK to quote another post but "excessive" quoting is annoying, makes posts too long and makes it difficult for cellular uses to acess the forum. Use common sense and respect and only quote when necessary! Quoting every sentence or paragraph is not allowed.
Besides this Any conduct unbecoming of a member of AC Community Forums deemed unsuitable by the Moderator staff or the Administrator can result in a ban.
Do as I say. Not as I do.